July Flower of the Month - Summer Flowers
Summer is here and, with it, arrives an abundance of beautiful seasonal blooms. Three summer favourites are Sunflowers, Statice and Tanacetum. We often get asked for bouquets in a wild and natural style and these varieties all lend themselves perfectly tothi’s “summer meadow” aesthetic.
The great thing about summer is that we are able to source more flowers from British growers during these warmer months.
Below are some tips for caring for these seasonal stunners:
• Trim the stem diagonally with a sharp knife or scissors.
• Use a clean (glass) vase and fill it with approx. 7 cm of tap water at room temperature.
• Always add cut flower food to the water for Sunflowers.
• A room temperature of no more than 20°C is ideal.
• Don't place Sunflowers in a draught, in direct sunlight or beside a fruit bowl.
• Regularly top the vase up with tap water: summer flowers are thirsty flowers.