June Flower of the Month - Lily
Lily is The Flower of the Month for June. Lillie’s are always a best-seller in our shop, but they can also split opinion. The marmite of the flower world, some love them and others hate them. It is probably our most requested flower to include in bouquets but also our most requested NOT to include in bouquets and we find it’s always best to ask before putting them into any designs!
Below are some care tips for getting the best out of your lilies.
• Trim the stems diagonally with a sharp knife.
• Remove the leaves that will be under water.
• Add cut flower food to the water for a longer vase life.
• Do not place the vase in direct sunlight, in a draught or next to the fruit bowl.
• Regularly top the vase up with tap water.
• Pollen stains? Carefully remove them with a piece of Sellotape.